Hiring KS Regional Field Organizers for Zero to Thrive Advocacy Campaign!
Job Title: Regional Field Organizers
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
Job Description: The Regional Field Organizer (RFO) will be responsible for building relationships with leaders and
advocates in their area to educate and mobilize residents around investing in the compensation and
benefits of early childhood educators. The RFO will target rural communities and reach out to early
childhood providers, businesses, families, and local elected officials to schedule One-on-One Advocacy
Meetings, connect them to the Zero to Thrive Coalition, and assist them in engaging in community
advocacy efforts that support our advocacy agenda.
Key Responsibilities: - Build relationships with leaders and advocates in the region.
- Educate and mobilize residents around investing in the compensation and benefits of early childhood
educators/child care providers.
- Focus on connecting with early childhood providers, businesses, families, and local elected officials.
- Provide additional support and technical assistance for advocates interested in taking advocacy action.
- Commit 5-10 hours a week to the cause, with flexibility built-in as long as the organizer is reaching
community engagement goals.
- Attend advocacy trainings and professional development in community organizing, and share those skills
with residents in their region.
- Submit bi-weekly progress reports to the program manager.
Requirements: - Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with leaders and advocates.
- Familiarity with rural communities and early childhood education.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness to travel within the region.
- Availability to commit 5-10 hours a week from August to January.
- Passion for advocating for early childhood education.
Preferred qualifications: - Advocacy and community engagement experience, but is non-essential given we will provide training
and professional development opportunities for RFOs.
Compensation: The RFO will receive a $600 stipend per month, starting in August 2023 and ending in January 2024.
Assigned travel and related work expenses will be reimbursed upon approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a brief explanation of why you are interested in the position, where
you are located, and relevant experience to the program managers, Logan Stenseng
(email@example.com) & Jenny Tatman (firstname.lastname@example.org). If candidates have any
questions or concerns before applying, please contact us!